Re: Strange text scrolling with Emacs + GTK

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Strange text scrolling with Emacs + GTK
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:07:31 +0100

what do you mean by "carefully scroll" ?

Scrolling typically jumps several lines, and clicking on the scroll
down arrow scrolls one line ok.

I'm using:

GNU Emacs 21.3.50.169 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2004-12-15

I have also noticed it.

One can see that weird first line scroll by using scroll bars slowly, not to scroll too fast (i suppose it is what Jan calls carefull scroll) but one
line at a time.

Yes, that is it exactly. Scroll as slow as you can by dragging the scroll bar. When one line has scrolled out of view, the bug was visible.

I use currently a 2004-11-12 checkout compiled with gtk toolkit. I'll
checkout a fresh one tonight to see it is still there.

I'll recheck the other toolkits.

        Jan D.