Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:20:10 -0500

      But
    personally I wish the FSF would amend the GFDL to remove the additional
    encumbering restrictions, or simply rename it the GNU Documentation
    License:

        "The GDL is a not-too-unfree documentation license that reserves
        certain non-economic rights to authors, while perpetually

In our judgment, it is free.  If you disagree, you're entitled
to your opinion.