Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:39:59 +0100

la 21.12.2004 12:21 Richard Stallman skribis:

   >I see the problem.  It looks like the same problem happens with
   >display tables, too, using your old code.  Didn't this happen for you
   >with the old code?

   I almost certain it didn't.
Ok, this isn't quite true, as I could check meanwhile on a machine at work with an older version. The escape glyphs themselves didn't get a face other than the magic one. But they were only one out of two or four characters composing the glyph. The others took on any face. So we had the best of both worlds, very visible escapes, and fontified rest-of-glyph.

Could you try it again?

I can't see that anything changed. When I load the Linux kernel and mark across it with the mouse, only the few normal characters get highlighted. Likewise when I do M-g b.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                             http://lernu.net/