Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:26:30 +0000 (UTC)

   The current `blue' is one of the most unsuitable colors.  It stand
   out very much.

As I said early, the default cyan for escape glyphs is wonderful for
me.

Please suggest values for each of the most likely various color formats
For example,

    (custom-set-faces
     '(escape-glyph ((((class color) (background dark))
                      (:foreground "cyan"))))
     '(escape-glyph ((((class color) (background light))
                      (:foreground "dark red")))))

Or perhaps custom themes could be generated from `custom-set-faces'
expressions: one for green backgrounds, one for white backgrounds, one
for blue backgrounds, etc., in X, something else for an audio desktop,
and something else for the various consoles.  (In my .emacs file, I
set 98 different faces to various colors and heights.  Weights, other
than normal, don't work for me.)

By the way, how do you list the complete contents of a theme?  I could
not find mention in the Emacs manual, the Emacs Lisp Reference manual,
or with `help-for-help'.  I know about `C-h v' (describe-variable),
`list-colors-display', and `list-faces-display'.  (Normally, I look in
my .emacs file.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8