Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:00:40 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:42:36 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> (defface escape-glyph '((((background dark)) :foreground "burlywood2")
>                       (((type pc)) :foreground "magenta")
>                       (t :foreground "dark green"))
>   "Face for characters displayed as ^-sequences or \\-sequences."
>   :group 'basic-faces)

Please don't use `(type pc)' in face definitions; we now have the
min-colors feature to express the same color selection in a more
device-independent way (e.g., it will also be right for a 16-color
xterm).

Also, I think "magenta" is a bad color choice for 16-color terminals,
as its definition in tty-colors.el will produce a color that is very
different from "burlywood2".  How about "brown" or "yellow" instead?

The 8-color terminals will also need a separate definition (yellow?):
"burlywood2" translates there to "green", believe it or not.