Re: Mac OS 9 support (and some enhancements for Carbon Emacs)

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Mac OS 9 support (and some enhancements for Carbon Emacs)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:42:54 -0800

All of these changes have been checked in to latest CVS. Make sure you recompile the lisp directory (or remove the term/mac-win.elc file). Otherwise you may get a error saying "Mac native windows not in use" or "Mac native windows are not in use".

I checked in the MacOS 9 portions without testing them personally: I would ask that people that are still using the classic version try it out. As for the OSX changes, the change to the resizing behavior is quite awesome.

As for the CFSocket stuff, I tried it with CFLAGS="-g -O2 -DSELECT_USE_CFSOCKET" and tried my standard battery of tests. It seems that it's working just fine. I would ask all OSX users that do a lot of subprocess work (gnus, tex, etc.) to try it with it turned on and report if there are any hangs or weird behaviors.

Thanks,
-Steven