Re: Face color changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Face color changes
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:35:57 -0500

    For after the release: I'd like to see trials of a third setting, for medium
    backgrounds.

I won't argue against it if someone wants to do it,
but I think this is much less important than making the existing
two options work well.  That is because black backgrounds and white
backgrounds are what beginners will have.  People who start to customize
the background color of Emacs will or course have to customize faces too,
and they won't feel that is anything wrong with Emacs.