Re: Frame background mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Frame background mode
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:48:06 +0200

>> then maybe it's better to
>> leave the old formula alone, and to add a new condition keyword
>> (e.g. `min-background') that will specify the minimum color intensity
>> (a fraction between 0 and 1) and will use the new formula, for instance:
>>
>>     ((class color) (min-colors 88) (min-background 0.5))
>
> I'm probably missing something, because I don't see how is this
> different from your original suggestion.

The original suggestion was to change the formula for computing
conditions (background light) and (background dark) which will
affect most current faces.

The suggestion above affects none of the current faces and will be
applied for faces that will take advantage of the new `min-background'
keyword.  This idea is not for the incoming release because many faces
need to be changed to use this keyword.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/