RE: Info-history-forward

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Info-history-forward
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:29:42 -0800

    I'd like to provide an enhancement that people have requested...
    Info has the `l' command which moves one step back through the history.
    But there is no symmetric command to move forward... It works like
    `Forward' button in web browsers.

Great! (I was one of those who requested this - thanks.)

Five-button mice often have mouse-5 and mouse-4 bound by default to forward
and back for Web browsing etc. I'd suggest these bindings in `info' for
Emacs too, by default. Currently, I bind mouse-4 to `Info-last' on
`Info-mode-map' - it's quite convenient.

It would be good to change the name of `Info-last' to `Info-back' (or
`Info-history-back').

 - Drew