Re: Info-history-forward

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Info-history-forward
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:31:10 +0900

> Five-button mice often have mouse-5 and mouse-4 bound by default to forward
> and back for Web browsing etc. I'd suggest these bindings in `info' for
> Emacs too, by default.

At the least I think it would have to be a system-specific binding --
mouse-4 and mouse-5 represent the scroll-wheel on X systems, and it
would definitely be bad to bind the scroll-wheel to
backward/forward-history!

In general it seems as if anything except buttons 1-3 may be too
inconsistently defined to have a very useful default binding.  [a
shame, because some mice seem to have about 20 "buttons" of one sort
or another!]

-Miles