Re: Face color changes

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Face color changes
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:38:02 +0000 (UTC)

   We have custom themes, but as far as I know, nobody has ever used
   them ....

I lose track of which themes are which and what I have already set in
my .emacs, so I do not use them.  If a theme kept a history of the
user's current set up -- everything -- and then of two or three new
ones, so the user could shift safely and try out things, perhaps
themes would be more often used.

Put another way, one column of the `visual user's theme interface'
would be what he has in a current .emacs.  Other columns could provide
defaults for light, medium, dark visual on X, similar on ttys of
various types, and several audio (e.g. use UK voices, French accent
for English... etc).

Themes should do more than color -- essentially, they simply write new
.emacs files, but with different names.  But as a beginning, a theme
might do just colors.

(I use `list-faces-display' and `customize' because I do not know
anything about colors and like to see them.  Then I put them into my
.emacs file in one of my `custom-set-faces' expressions.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8