Re: Face color changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Face color changes
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:59:21 -0500

    I argued that this will be confusing.  The user might ask: "Where did
    my customizations disappear to?"  -- Since the user might not be aware
    that the customizations would yield bad results on the new display,
    this is a legitimate question.  Emacs will seem less "predictable"
    (for lack of a better word to describe this aspect of usability).

    Your reply did not address the issue.  You therefore assume this is no
    problem?

It is not a major problem.  It is normal that Emacs selects different
color values etc. on different displays.  This is just a special
case of that.