Re: undo in loaddefs.el buffer

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: undo in loaddefs.el buffer
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:02:03 -0600 (CST)

       Some of which are obvious and some of which are non-obvious.  My
       proposal is to point out the latter.

   Could you please explain these special requirements in the comments in
   autorevert.el, if that isn't already done.

As I already pointed out, the only non-obvious requirement is that one
way or the other they have to take care of undo correctly.

In as far as autorevert is concerned, all problems with currently
reverted buffers have been taken care of.  If additional non-file
buffers get autoreverted, there _theoretically_ should be no problem.
I believe that we decided that reverting any buffer should clear out
all undo info.  In practice, some `revert-buffer-function's may not do
this, as we saw with the Buffer Menu.  I guess that the correct
solution in such cases would be to fix the `revert-buffer-function'.

Sincerely,

Luc.