Re: compiling cvs emacs

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: compiling cvs emacs
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:14:14 -0600 (CST)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   You probably need to delete the *.elc files.  Didn't we decide that `make
   bootstrap' should be changed to do that, to avoid those recurrent
   bug reports?

It _has_ been changed to do that.  I even just double checked to make
sure.  In my previous reply, I forgot to notice that the OP actually
ran `make bootstrap', hence my reply made no sense.  I do not know
what the problem is then.  I guess that bootstrapping updates
loaddefs.el automatically or not?  At least that would appear from the
messages that flash by.

Sincerely,

Luc.