Re: compiling cvs emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: compiling cvs emacs
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:30:56 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Teirlinck" <address@hidden>

> what the problem is then.  I guess that bootstrapping updates
> loaddefs.el automatically or not?  At least that would appear from the
> messages that flash by.

I never got time to learn this, but was there not some problems with the
error messages just "flashing by"? And maybe it was those expressions in
Makefile that updates loaddefs.el that was a problem on windows? (What OS
was the OP using?)

BTW I have not tested Stefans suggestion of fixing them further. I wonder if
it maybe would be better and more stable to rewrite those small parts of
Makefile so that temporary files where used for these expressions? Could
that be done in a way that avoids the problem with window's backslashes in
filenames? Could Emacs write the temporary files I suggest here?

- Lennart