Re: Face color changes

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Face color changes
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:08:07 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> [1] Well, actually the current behavior is slightly worse:  It deletes
> all the cases except the currently active one, but _keeps_ the
> "conditional" part of the current case, so I presume the face is
> simply _disabled_ on other display types (I haven't explicitly tested
> it however)...!

I have explicitly tested it, and what I see is illogical: even though it
keeps the condition for the current environment, other display types ignore
this condition, and the same customized value is used for all environments.

After further customization on different environments the saved condition
changes to the more reasonable value `default'.  This value would be
appropriate if the user's intention was to override all specs.  Otherwise,
it's better to keep all unmodified default conditions and add a new button
to the customization buffer to specify explicitly whether to keep all
conditions or override them with one value for all environments.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/