Re: Redisplay crash

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Redisplay crash
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:46:33 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't reproduce this bug, but I seems that my change to
> encode_terminal_code on 2004-11-30 is the cause.

Indeed if I revert term.c to revision 1.156, the problem goes away.

> At least the argument `src_len' of encode_terminal_code has strange
> value in your backtrace.  Could you try to find out why it has that
> value by debugger?

I tried but that value must come from stack corruption or some other
strangeness since in my tests, it always has reasonable values.. and
when the segfault occurs, it has the value 3 (in the one case I used to
reproduce the bug: entering gnu.emacs.gnus).

I will investigate further, any clues are welcome.

Also, I may be wrong, but it looks like the memory allocated in
encode_terminal_code is never freed.  Or is it GC'ed?

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | There's no stronger wind than
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | the one that blows down a