Re: Ignoring file local-variables in patches?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Ignoring file local-variables in patches?
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:30:57 +0900

> Proposed solution: Have copyright-update search the next 10 lines
> after the first found copyright line, to see if it can find more
> current copyright headers to update.

Sounds good to me.  I think there are probably quite a few
improvements that could be made to copyright.el's heuristics, but it's
a bit daunting to tweak (hairy regexps and all).

Some other examples:

  * It seems to not really deal well with some of the current
    Emacs copyright lines that use two-digit year abbreviations
    (maybe it has "19" hardwired somewhere?)

  * Sometimes the current year gets wrapped onto a line
    following the word "copyright", which copyright.el apparently
    doesn't handle.

-Miles