Re: Drag and drop in Carbon Emacs

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Drag and drop in Carbon Emacs
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:08:08 +0900

> However I couldn't actually drag onto an file dialog.  You can drag
> to a frame behind the dialog, but that is ignored.

Actually, it is not ignored if the dialog is not canceled.  Anyway,
this behavior is confusing, and maybe non-dialog windows should not
accept ordinary events because the dialog is application-modal.

Also, I noticed another problem on file dialogs:

   1) Open a file dialog.
   2) Type `Command-H' to hide Emacs windows (including the dialog).
   3) Click the Emacs icon in the Dock to show Emacs windows.

Then the dialog is redrawn, but the other Emacs windows don't get
redrawn.

Below is a patch for these problems and to make `drag onto a file
dialog' work.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden