RE: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:31:05 -0800

        > See the
        > Manual button I mentioned above, for instance: If we
    assume that Customize
        > users are to shun Lisp, then why send them to the Lisp
    manual for info on
        > how to code customize groups and such?

        Because there were no user manual for customize at the time
    the :link
        was added, and nobody have bothered to edit it since a customize
        section was added to the user manual.  Please send a patch or a bug
        report.

    I changed that to point to Easy Customizations in the Emacs manual.

I think that the "Help" button in the same buffer (not the "help" button,
which goes to the parent group, "help") already points there. If we don't
have a useful separate place for the "Manual" button to point, it should
just be removed.

As I mentioned, node Easy Customization in Info tells you a few things about
how to customize variables, but it doesn't really tell you about the
Customize UI. Because that UI is not yet ideal in terms of orientation,
navigation, how-to-use, and information provided, I think that some Info doc
on the Customize UI itself would be helpful.