Re: Redisplay crash

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Redisplay crash
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:49:01 +0100

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> The following bcopy call then writes way more than that, overflowing
> the buffer and overwriting the libc memory block pointers and thus
> making the next call to xrealloc (needed because the size was set to
> something too small for what we have to decode) fail.

Forget that, it's probably not the bcopy call that's doing it since it
doesn't write more than SBYTES (string) bytes.  But the pointers *do*
get hosed one way or another...

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | Why did you kill that poor
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | old man, melody? She said,