Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:49:51 -0500

    Actually, I doubt it's even useful because buffer-local customizations can't
    be usefully saved in a .emacs.  What I'd rather want (as a user) is
mode-local
    customizations.

I think that buffer-local customizations are somewhat useful even if
they cannot usefully be saved.  (And maybe they can be saved, if you
use desktop.)

However, mode-local customizations are a good idea for a future feature.