Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:11:04 +0900

> On GTK I actually don't see any difference, but on OSX I do.  It is an
> improvement, and slower machines will probably benefit.  Does this
> affect any other operations that dragging the mode line?

Yes.  Dragging the scroll bar thumb, which is currently implemented
using `track-mouse' on OSX, would behave as if redisplay-dont-pause
were set to `t'.  Dragging the thumb updates only a few lines on slow
machines without the patch.  I think pausing during redisplay is good
for other kinds of events, but not for mouse movements because they
usually come with a short interval.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden