Re: C-u with mouse event is ignored?

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: C-u with mouse event is ignored?
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:03:34 -0500

> rather than to command `test'. This didn't occur to me - this is the first
> time I've noticed a difference between 'ignore and nil as a key binding (the
> latter being actually an unbinding).

There are other cases where nil and `ignore' behave differently: an `ignore'
in a buffer-local map will shadow a global binding where a nil will not.

There are also cases where a nil binding is not the same as no-binding
at all.  IIRC the difference is that a nil binding shadows a binding in
a parent map.

        Stefan