Re: Autoloading of defcustoms etc

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Autoloading of defcustoms etc
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:22:56 -0500

    Per A wrote this in another thread. I have taken a look at this and got
    helpful feedback from Per. My suggestion is that autoload.el autoloads all
    defcustom, define-minor-mode, defface and defgroup whether they are marked
    for autoloading or not.

This is clearly an improvement, if we don't consider
the bloating that it would cause.  Taking that bloat into account,
perhaps this costs too much.

What is the price?  How much bigger does the Emacs core image get with
this change?

But the cost may be too high.