Re: Making a script to update and compile from CVS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Making a script to update and compile from CVS
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:34:38 +0900

Hmmm, well I'm sure most developers have their own variation on this;
here's my works-most-of-the-time script (the "$E" parameter choose
which emacs tree to use, as I keep several different versions around):

#!/bin/sh
E="${1:-miles}"
BUILD="/usr/local/build/emacs/${E}"
SRC="/usr/local/src/emacs/${E}"
make -C$BUILD/lisp recompile                                    \
&& make -C$BUILD                                                \
&& make -C$BUILD/man                                            \
&& make -C$BUILD/lispref                                        \
&& make -C$BUILD/lispintro                                      \
&& sudo $SRC/admin/quick-install-emacs -vp $BUILD