Re: What lookup-key returns for an undefined key

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: What lookup-key returns for an undefined key
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:58:47 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   It's possible that I only checked with dired-mode-map, so it looked to
   me like lookup-key have changed.

   In any case, I think that the change to dired-mode-map should be in
   NEWS.  There's no way to know what unbundled packages used the
   `undefined' thing to bind keys in Dired that were free.

Actually, after taking a closer look, I noticed that the change in
dired-mode-map is a consequence of a change in suppress-keymap (as I
already pointed out in a previous message):

   2002-08-26  Kim F. Storm  <address@hidden>

               * subr.el (suppress-keymap): Use command remapping instead of
               substitute-key-definition to undefine self-inserting keys.

Sincerely,

Luc.