Re: put goto-line on modeline

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: put goto-line on modeline
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:02:00 +0900 (JST)

> This patch allows the user to invoke goto-line by clicking on the line number
> in the modeline.
>
> Are there any objections to me installing it?

As I wrote in the other mail, I think this feature is useful.
I think we can do more on the modeline; I image Gnome's panel.

I have a comment. It is nice if the line number area in the modeline
is highlighted if you move the mouse pointer on it. So an user can
know the area is clickable. A tooltip is helpful but it only tells the
mouse button and function attached to the area. But it doesn't tell the
range of area. See png image attached to this mail. Twice I tried to
implement modeline highlighting code, but I miscarried. What I could
do was highlighting the major mode area.

Masatake YAMATO

PNG image