Re: multi-mode editing, including literate Haskell and noweb

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: multi-mode editing, including literate Haskell and noweb
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:00:00 +0100

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:05:08 -0500 Richard Stallman wrote:

>     With multi-mode.el the last closing brace is indented to column 0
>     and not `c-basic-offset'.
>
> Can you see if it could be extended to handle this case right?

I don't think there is an easy solution to handle such cases.
How far the major mode has to look back heavily depends on the
syntactic state of your code at point (and of course how the
major mode deals with it).

Worst case may be that all chunks from the beginning of the
buffer up to point are needed.  This is kind of inconsistent with
the `narrow-to-region' approach.

David