Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:19:14 -0600 (CST)

Kim Storm wrote:

  Still, with transient mark mode, I'm sure I would like M-u to DTRT
   which is -- upcase the region whether the cursor is on "d" or "t".

That would seem very counterintuitive (to me).  I am used to think of
M-{u,l,c} as closely related to M-f.  _If anything_, I might
intuitively expect them to keep the region active with transient mark
mode enabled, like M-f does.  That would probably be wrong however
(even though occasionally convenient), because M-{u,l,c} usually
change the buffer.

What is wrong with `C-x C-u'?  The region case commands are not used
that often that two keystrokes is too much.

Sincerely,

Luc.