Re: Problem with modeline and window margins

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Problem with modeline and window margins
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:42:15 -0500 (EST)

"Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden> writes:

>> The problem seems to be that x_draw_glyph_string_box finds the
>> right-hand edge of the box by calling window_box_right. However, the
>> value returned by window_box_right stops at the right margin (see the
>> definition of window_box_width.)
>
> Thank you very much for tracking this down -- it has been bugging me for a
> while.
>
> Your patch looks ok, but I think it can be done simpler.  Can you try this
> patch instead:

Your patch indeed fixes the bug, and it is much more correct. Glad to have
helped. I just hope it's contributed to the 21.4 release, which seems to
be dragging somewhat.

Incidentally, are there any other bugs that should be in FOR-RELEASE? All
the remaining items I see in there are either GTK related, not
reproducible, or strangely inconsequential ("Make Rmail find the best
version of movemail"??)