Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:10:53 -0500

    >     > Instead of this, I propose to call the command `ispell'
    >     > which already checks a region or a buffer depending on the
    >     > values of `transient-mark-mode' and `mark-active'.

    Would this also apply to commands as downcase-word and upcase-word
    for instance?

No, because those are word commands.  This proposal has nothing
to do with word commands.  Or at least I thought it did not.

On rereading the words, I see that perhaps I misunderstood them the
first time.  I thought it was a proposal to change something about a
command that has to do with buffers and regions.  That's what I said I
would not object to.

Now I am not sure what the intention was.  So I can't say
I am in favor of it.

We should be focusing on making a release, not on changes in
Emacs interface features, so please let's not continue this
discussion.