Re: Parital scrolling of image

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parital scrolling of image
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:42:24 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Cough, cough.  If I have a window with the upper half taken up by
>> an image, and point is in some normal text below the image, then
>> pressing C-n will _not_ move to the next line (which is perfectly
>> on screen and quite far from the edge),
>
> I have checked in some patches to fix this.  Please try again.

Another note: when I execute scroll-down at the following screen shot
(where point is just at the bottom) I get "beginning of buffer"
signalled as an error and nothing changes (I have made sure that this
behavior will also occur when pre-command-hook and post-command-hook
are not modified by preview-latex, so they are not at fault here). As
you can see from the scroll bar, this is patently absurd: there are at
least four more screens of material worth, and although there are
quite a few images in there, there are a lot of positions in between
where point could stop if needed.  This is the standard "circ.tex"
file as delivered with the preview-latex package.  I don't consider
including the screen shot a shootable offense, since it is just 12kB.

Probably the pixel-based movement routines should more or less
calculate a maximum they should not exceed in movement (overshooting
by more than a screen certainly is bad), as well as a minimum they
should at least progress, and if "sane" movement does not land within
that area, then vscroll gets adjusted instead.

PNG image