Re: backup method

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: backup method
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:49:03 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   One could also use a customizable list of directories where backups
   are made by copying, even if backup-by-copying is nil.  That one would
   consist by default of the files in those temporary directories.

Maybe that is not necessary.  If implemented, it would also need to
apply to recursive subdirectories.  But if we continue to disable
backups by default in temporary directories, we can just tell people
that if they want backups made in those directories, they have to set
`backup-by-copying' to t.

Sincerely,

Luc.