Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom file should askforconfir

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom file should askforconfirmation
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:55:36 +0900

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:16:50 +0100, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]

I don't think that's good -- it smacks too much of the old behavior;
"Reset" seems to imply more than just changing the values being edited
in the current buffer.

I think Drew's wording is good.

> >     2) "Save" - the existing button. It would update the custom
> >        file to use the installed settings.
>
> There is one logical problem. Should this work just on the symbols in the
> current customization buffer or on all values? What if there are several
> customization buffers in use?
>
> I would prefer that it worked just on the current customization buffer

I don't understand your point ... the only reasonable method would be
operating on the current buffer -- the whole point of this proposed
change is that the button only makes a temporary change in the current
buffer until it's saved.

> and
> that there were a menu entry for saving all changed values for defcustom
> symbols.

I don't understand that at all.

-Miles
--