RE: Customize buttons that change user's custom file should askforconfir

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Customize buttons that change user's custom file should askforconfirmation
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:06:26 -0800

    >     2) "Save" - the existing button. It would update the custom
    >        file to use the installed settings.

    There is one logical problem. Should this work just on the
    symbols in the
    current customization buffer or on all values? What if there are several
    customization buffers in use?

    I would prefer that it worked just on the current customization
    buffer and
    that there were a menu entry for saving all changed values for defcustom
    symbols.

In my mind, unless obviously relative to only particular values (e.g.
contextual popup menu, local button), all Customize buttons and menu items
would apply only to the buffer contents.