Re: When are toolkit file dialogs used?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: When are toolkit file dialogs used?
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:51:04 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Rumney" <address@hidden>

> What about pressing "Open" without selecting anything?

It does not work for me - and if it did it would not that be very confusing?

> SHBrowseForFolder involves unecessary COM/OLE library calls, and is not
> available on Windows 9x/ME.

The documentation says "Minimum operating systems Windows NT 4.0, Windows
95". Could it be some early issue that it was not available on 9x?

Do you mean that the overhead is too heavy? I never noticed that on my old
pc. I would expect the heavy calls (to the OS to be about the same), but I
do not know this at all. Can you explain?