RE: Customize buttons that change user's custom file should askforconfir

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Customize buttons that change user's custom file should askforconfirmation
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:21:40 -0800

    Over all, on further
    investigation, the interface needs more work, not just some rewording.

    <...lots of great feedback...>

I, like some others, think that the Customize UI presents a great
opportunity for improvement ;-).

A lot of work has gone into the current design, and there are some good
aspects to it. Nevertheless, I think we could usefully put the design on the
table and talk about it from scratch, hashing over what we like and don't
like about it, and trying to come up with some improvements. Maybe the
result would be to decide to leave it as it is or to just tweak it a little,
but I do think it's worth spending time discussing it in detail - because I
think Customize could be more used and more useful than it is currently (for
both Lispers and non-Lispers - but that's another issue).

How about we open a discussion of how to improve the Customize UI - _after
the release_? To discuss it well and think carefully about it we'll need
some time. And now is not the best time.

Of course, Bob's feedback mainly involved bugs, and they can perhaps be
fixed now, for this release.