Re: When are toolkit file dialogs used?

From: chad brown
Subject: Re: When are toolkit file dialogs used?
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:02:33 -0500

Under Mac OS X, with the carbon support enabled, the file selection dialogs are used if prompted by the toolbar, but not from, for example, C-x C-f. I do not use the toolbar normally, and I have not seen the file selection dialog before now, so I assume it follows the same use-file-dialog methods as other gui toolkits.

*chad

In man/files.texi I am rewriting

  When Emacs is built with a suitable GUI toolkit, it pops up the
standard File Selection dialog of that toolkit instead of prompting for the file name in the minibuffer. On Unix and GNU/Linux platforms, Emacs does that when built with LessTif and Motif toolkits; on MS-Windows, the
GUI version does that by default.

as follows:

  When Emacs is built with a suitable GUI toolkit, commands invoked
with the mouse use standard File Selection dialog of that toolkit
instead of prompting for the file name in the minibuffer.  On Unix and
GNU/Linux platforms, Emacs does that when built with GTK, LessTif, and
Motif toolkits; on MS-Windows, the GUI version does that by default.

However, is that correct nowadays?  Or is more changed needed?