Re: Some xterm-256color face colors too bright?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some xterm-256color face colors too bright?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:52:28 +0200

> From: stktrc <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:48:49 +0200
>
> Comparing terminal RosyBrown and windowed RosyBrown as background
> colors gives that terminal RosyBrown is slightly brighter, but the
> difference is not huge.
> [...]
> I want to stress that the brightness of the colors in the terminal are
> not just an aesthetical annoyance or anything like that: it borders on
> making the text unreadable.  In windowed Emacs, everything is fine.

??? These two paragraphs seem to contradict one another: the first one
says that the difference between the windowed and non-windowed session
is small (which is expected, as the former one has more colors than
256), while the latter says that the difference is large (``borders on
unreadable'' vs ``everything is fine'').  I wonder how can this
happen.  Can you shed some light on this?