Re: New undo element (fun . args)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New undo element (fun . args)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:35:23 -0500

> One of the undoable operations in SES is setting a variable.
> This doesn't relate directly to buffer text, but it might
> be associated with some region somehow.  I don't know
> how this is used, and I think it is important to check.

Most of the vars that are thus set/unset are vars of the form "B6" or "C20",
i.e. vars that hold the content of a cell.  So they do have some relation
with one specific region of the buffer: the corresponding cell.  So we could
just replace (apply ses-set-with-undo ,sym ,(symbol-value sym)) with (apply
START END 0 ses-set-with-undo ,sym ,(symbol-value sym)) where START and END
are the boundaries of the cell.  But since the same code is used for other
vars as well, such as vars that relate to a particular column of
the spreadsheet, it'll take a bit more effort.

        Stefan