Re: [OSX] G4 compiled binary fails on G5

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: [OSX] G4 compiled binary fails on G5
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:22:44 +0100

Le 31 Jan 2005, Steven Tamm vraute :

> You should recompile and either run
> make CC=gcc
> or
> make-package -M,CC=gcc

I have compiled a  version with «make-package --self-compiled -M,CC=gcc» and
now wait for feedback.

I also made an OS9 version with the USE_LSB_TAG and i wonder if it should be
given also to OSX ?

That symbol seems to be defined on  mac if __MRC__ is defined. IIRC MrC used
to be the OS9 compiler from Apple/MPW.

If so,  looking dumb  I did not  figured the  syntax to provide  both CC=gcc
*and* USE_LSB_TAG or maybe -DUSE_LSB_TAG...

Can you tell me the correct syntax to define some symbols from command line
without modifying the source and specifying the cc or cflags ?

Thank you.

--
Sébastien Kirche