RE: Customize buttons that change user's custom file shouldaskforconfirm

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Customize buttons that change user's custom file shouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:01:52 -0800

        It would be good to have two different terms for the two
        different kinds of
        default value, so that we don't have to describe the
        context each time. One
        is the standard value for a user option (variable or face),
        where "standard"
        essentially means defined by defcustom or defface (IIUC).
        The other is the
        value a variable has in a buffer if there is no buffer-local value
        (setq-default).

    The former is called "standard".  The latter is called "default".
    I found a couple of places in cus-edit.el that said "default"
    when they meant "standard", but the distinction was mostly maintained.

Right. Good.

So, to come back to the name of the button, can we agree on "Standard
Values"?