Re: [OSX] G4 compiled binary fails on G5

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [OSX] G4 compiled binary fails on G5
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:25:18 -0500

> Now, i just  checked in the compilation script that  the compiled invoked is
> actually MrC. Thus  i suppose that during compilation  it defines __MRC__ so
> my  modification  is  useless and  the  limitation  of  512 MB  was  already
> removed... and my question is non sense.

Thank you for checking it.  So we don't need to update the config
files.  Good.

> Is there a method to test for that limitation on a 512 MB machine ? Is there
> any  mean to  know  by asking  Emacs  what symbols/options  were defined  at
> compile time ?

In general, there isn't but in this specific case there is: attach your
Emacs process to a debugger and check the value of the variable
`gdb_use_lsb'.

It's actually used in emacs/src/.gdbinit so that the gdb macros that analyse
Lisp_Object values can do it correctly in the various different
tagging cases.

        Stefan