Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirma

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:30:45 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>

> > Yes, it is more easy to understand (at least for me). But what
> > happened to Erase Customization? I do not believe that this always
> > can be done with Get Default+Save.
>
> But it should.  The previous "Erase Customization" is really a bad
> surprise: it has permanent effects without asking for them.
>
> One problem is that there is a difference between saving the default
> value, and saving the fact that the default is not changed: when the
> default value changes in later Emacs versions, an old saved default
> will override the new one.

Implementing "Erase" as Get Default+Save seems a bit more difficult to me
when a separate "Erase" button like now. Does not it require a new state for
the option field in the customization buffer? Keeping it as it is now, but
adding a clear question, is perhaps both more easy to implement and easy to
understand?