Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:42:33 -0500

    focus. I believe that at the moment when Emacs gets focus it should for all
    files that are visited in buffers and changed outside of Emacs should ask:

         "File AA.C has changed on disk. Do you want to reload it?"

I don't want to install this; I think it would be annoying.  However,
you could write it and post a patch, and people could try it and
report whether they like it.  If people generally agree it is a good
thing, I will install it.