Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:00:35 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>

> "File AA.C has changed on disk. Do you want to reload it?"
>
> I don't want to install this; I think it would be annoying.  However,
> you could write it and post a patch, and people could try it and
> report whether they like it.  If people generally agree it is a good
> thing, I will install it.

I tried to implement it to see how it could work. I took a little bit
different road. I let the app activate event call a lisp function (which I
named "handle-app-activation"). This should handle both app activation and
app deactivation.

Any ideas around this?

I am only able to implement this on w32. I guess it should be
straightforward to do the same for other OS:es if there are events for app
activation/deactivation (which I suppose there are). The only part that
differs is the "real message loop".