Re: Changed outside --> set, in Customize UI

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Changed outside --> set, in Customize UI
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:15:32 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

    Actually, I start thinking again that it _might_ be good to make _any_
    option set in .emacs "untouchable" through Custom, even atoms and even
    in as far as the current session is concerned.

This was a misformulation.  I meant that the _part_ of the option
set through .emacs (the elements of the hook or listvar added in
.emacs) would be untouchable through Custom.  But, for an atom or
for hooks or list-vars _setq-ed_ in .emacs, that part is everything.

Sincerely,

Luc.