Re: Should Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows be in Emacs CVS?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Should Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows be in Emacs CVS?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:25:06 +0100

>     I believe that Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows now is
>     nearly finished.  There should of course be CVS for it and I
>     wonder if it should go into Emacs CVS or somewhere else. What
>     are your opinions about this?
>
>     My personal opinion is of course that it should be there before
>     next release.
>
> It seems ok to me, but I would like to see the opinions of the
> Windows experts here.

I am no Windows expert at all.  My opinion, however, would be that the
installer should be made available as soon as possible, probably in
the Emacs archive.

However, it should be possible to let it package the latest stable
Emacs as well as the current developer version, and I think that
making the latest stable Emacs release available for use with the
installer might be a good idea, also leading to increased feedback.