Re: Updating release version to 22.1

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Updating release version to 22.1
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:49:24 +0100

>     As I said, I'll use 22.0.50 when I change things later today.
>
> As my previous message on this topic says, I have not decided what
> scheme we will use for this.  I mentioned two possible schemes that I
> think may be good.
>
> I am always a day behind in responding to my email.  As a result, it
> can easily happen that you and a few other people have a quick
> discussion and reach an appearance of "agreement" before I see the
> beginning of it.  Please don't presume I agree only because I have not
> had a chance to comment.

Choosing a new numbering scheme has been discussed for years now,
without making any decisions on what to do.

So for the moment, I simply decided to use 22.0.50 for the CVS version
as this is in accordance with the current numbering scheme, and all
the relevant code assumes this convention.

Adapting to whatever new scheme you decide to use will be trivial.